Layered Chocolate Pie with Chocolate Curls
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- 4 ounce(s) Milk Chocolate Baking Bar
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 3/4-ounce package vanilla flavored instant pudding and pie-filling mix
- 1 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 ounce(s) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate curls for garnish (use Ghirardelli Chocolate Curls and Shavings recipe)
- 1 9-inch pie crust
Melt the bittersweet chocolate (broken into 1-inch pieces) in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is smooth. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on high for approximately 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of the whipping cream and 1 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar; beat on high for 1 minute. Stir in the melted chocolate. Pour the mixture into the crust. Chill for 1 hour.
Melt the milk chocolate (broken into 1-inch pieces) in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Beat on low just until blended, then beat on high 2 minutes. Add the melted chocolate and continue to beat on high for 1 minute. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whip an additional 1 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture; spread over the cream cheese layer of the pie. Chill the pie for 2 hours.
Sweetened Whipped Cream: Combine the remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl, and whip until soft peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a pastry bag and decorate the pie as desired. Garnish with the chocolate curls, and serve.